Well site and gathering production operations in the US emit approximately 130 million tons of CO2 equivalent emissions that can be eliminated by implementing a Reach production solution.
oil and gas producing wells in US
million tons CO2 equivalent addressable emissions
wells fit Reach current operating parameters
Well site venting and flaring
Venting and flaring at well sites occur because of safety, economic or operational reasons. Associated gas produced from oil-rich basins is more challenging to gather and transport to market.
Vented and flared gas volumes
The Reach solution.
Reach’s system can significantly reduce methane and CO2 emissions, as well as flaring. By enabling liquids to be gathered and transported together with the gas to centralized processing plants, well site emissions are virtually eliminated, and flaring becomes unnecessary. Reach reduces emissions and flaring by:
- Removing all separation equipment and storage of liquids from the well site.
- Eliminating the need to transfer between tanks and into trucks.
- Replacing all pneumatic control devices with zero-emission electric valves.
- Eliminating the inherent leakage due to packings in conventional compressors by utilizing Reach’s leak-free design.
- Eliminating process upset flaring and venting to open-top tanks to kick off wells.
Reach enables the gathering and transportation of fluids to centralized facilities.
The combination of Reach’s multiphase capability and 40:1 compression ratio enables Reach to transport production further, via one multiphase gathering line, while simultaneously improving well productivity.
Greater transportation distances enable larger catchment areas with centralized processing operations versus well site based processing operations.
Centralized processing enables:
- Negligible well site emissions.
- Improved separation and processing with capture of all hydrocarbon streams, giving very low emissions and greater revenue (i.e. LPG streams captured and sold).
- Higher capex efficiency (amortized over a greater volume of production and time, with a smoother production profile).
- Lower operating costs.